Taking the appropriate steps quickly after a motor vehicle accident will help preserve your right to the compensation you deserve for injuries and damages. Working with an experienced lawyer will greatly enhance your legal opportunities and the protection of your rights.
At Sheffy, Mazzaccaro, DePaolo & DeNigris, LLP, in Southington, we serve motor vehicle accident survivors from Hartford to Waterbury. We bring more than 25 years of personal injury experience to your case and extensive insurance defense experience. Not only do we know how to maximize your compensation, but we also have inside knowledge of the tactics insurers will use to minimize your payout, and we know how to counter their aggressive defense.
Knowing what to do after a car accident in Connecticut is half the battle:
- Call police immediately.
- If you are able, check to see if anyone else is injured.
- If possible, get your car off the road.
- Get insurance information from other drivers.
- Get names, addresses and phone numbers of drivers and witnesses.
- Note makes, models and license plate numbers of other vehicles.
- Take photographs — vehicles, license plates, drivers, witnesses, the whole scene.
- Don’t admit fault.
- Don’t give statements to an insurance representative without first speaking to a personal injury attorney.
- Cooperate with police officers and other emergency personnel.
- File a police report.
- Get medical attention.
CALL SHEFFY, MAZZACCARO, DEPAOLO & DENIGRIS, LLP
Your best interests are proactively advanced and protected with our committed representation. We will help you understand your full legal options and your short- and long-term needs, and we will fight for the compensation you deserve if we handle your case.
We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Other matters may require an hourly fee arrangement. We never get more out of settlements than our clients do.