Connecticut Personal Injury Attorney
People often say they want a bulldog for a lawyer. But if that’s all they look for, they may not ever find it. Slogans, billboards, and loud, tough-sounding commercials set an expectation, which can be a long way from reality. Yet, the very person who sells themselves as a bulldog simply can’t back up their “bark.” Thankfully, that is not the kind of lawyer you get with Anthony Sheffy.
At Sheffy, DeNigris, Grey & Bedard, LLP, we do things the right way. Yes, we are aggressive. Yes, we are tough. What sets us apart from other attorneys is that we have earned our reputation, both with our colleagues and with the opposition. We have courtroom experience that few attorneys in Connecticut can match. We don’t need to bark about how tough we are. We prove it with results.
Your First Step: A Free Consultation
Call 844-367-0314 or send an email to have attorney Tony Sheffy evaluate your personal injury case for free. All personal injury claims are handled on a contingency basis, so you pay nothing unless we get compensation for you.
How Can I Make Sure I Get Fair Compensation For My Injury In Connecticut?
Getting compensation for a personal injury is relatively easy; the hard part is getting fair compensation that will be sufficient to cover all your medical bills, lost wages and other costs.
Insurance adjusters are often quick to call after they learn about an injury. They may offer a settlement check right away. They are hoping to wrap the matter up quickly and cheaply, preying on an accident victim’s desire to get this all over with. If you get an offer, keep in mind that they may be underpaying.
A big part of a personal injury attorney’s role is to help you understand how much your case is worth. Whether you have been offered a settlement or not, Tony Sheffy can give you guidance so that you do not settle for less than you deserve. If appropriate, he can help you push back against the insurance company to get the full compensation they owe you. The No. 1 way you can make sure you get full compensation is by talking to an experienced lawyer before you sign a settlement check.
Settlement Vs. Trial In A Personal Injury Claim
At the end of the day, the object is to get you fair compensation as soon as possible. The majority of personal injury claims are settled. Trial only becomes necessary when the insurance company refuses to do the right thing, even after being shown why the amount of money being asked for is fair.
The benefit of having a trial attorney like Tony Sheffy on your side is not necessarily that your case will go to trial, but that it will be prepared for trial. The insurance company will know that if they do not do the right thing, they will have to face attorney Sheffy in court, where he has an impressive reputation for winning.
Be Proactive. Preserve Your Right To Compensation.
Sheffy, DeNigris, Grey & Bedard, LLP, has secured millions of dollars on behalf of accident survivors throughout Connecticut. In his career, Tony Sheffy has handled a variety of case types and collaborated with medical experts to obtain the compensation his clients deserve.
Our firm takes on cases involving:
- Catastrophic injuries: These include burns, spinal cord and brain injuries, childhood injuries, sexual assault and wrongful death.
- Defective and dangerous products: If a product you used caused you harm, you may have a claim against the manufacturer or seller.
- Medical malpractice: We can help if a health care professional failed to diagnose a condition properly, improperly administered medication, made a surgical error or otherwise gave you negligent medical care; we also handle nursing home negligence cases.
- Motor vehicle accidents: We handle accident cases, including car, truck, bicycle, Uber/Lyft, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents.
- Premises liability: This includes dog bites, negligent security and slip-and-fall accidents.
- Dram shop liability: In a car accident caused by a drunk driver, often responsibility may lie with the establishment that served them.
- Workplace injuries: We represent employees injured by construction accidents, defective equipment and electrical accidents.
If someone else’s negligence, recklessness or wrongful act caused your injury, we can help you file a personal injury lawsuit and build a solid case on your behalf. We will handle all communications with the insurance company and will effectively communicate the many hardships you face, for which you are worthy of full compensation.
Choose Sheffy, DeNigris, Grey & Bedard, LLP For Your Injury Case
We take on cases to get people the compensation they deserve. We don’t settle unless it’s right for you. It may sound simple, but it is far from easy. It takes the kind of strength an attorney can only get through trial experience.