Your Case, Our Priority- Personalized Legal Care

You Can Pursue a Claim on Behalf of an Injured Child

On Behalf of | Mar 31, 2017 | Child Injury, Firm News

Your child was crossing the street in a residential area. He was riding a skateboard, which many kids in the neighborhood do. A driver speeding down the road didn’t notice your child. He hit him, causing a serious accident and injuries to your child.

Of course, the driver is at fault for speeding in a residential area, and you have a right to pursue compensation. That doesn’t make you feel any better about your child’s injuries. There are some ways to prevent them from happening again, though.

What can you do to prevent skateboarding injuries when you ride?

Some tips for preventing skateboarding injuries include only riding with one person on a skateboard at a time and never riding in the street when there is a sidewalk available. In places where skateboards aren’t allowed on the sidewalk, stay close to the side of the road when you’re on the road, and travel in the direction of traffic. When you need to cross the street, carry your skateboard and use a crosswalk when one is available.

Whenever you ride, make sure to wear safety gear including a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. Make sure the safety gear is up to current U.S. safety standards.

If an accident does happen, those pieces of safety equipment may help soften the blow. You can then pursue a claim against the negligent driver who hit your child for the behavior that left your son or daughter with injuries. Whether those injuries are broken bones or lasting brain damage, you have a right to file a claim. Our website has more information.